Friday, June 18, 2010

Kids New Bedroom Ideas


So my poor kiddo's have been living with white walls in their bedrooms for far to long. I have got to come up with some fun spaces for them. Sophia really wants an Ariel room. Oy vey! I'm so not one to do Disney characters. We will have to see... maybe I can find a cute mermaid fabric and sway her (wink wink).

Here are some  photo of her old room. We put her right into a big girl room once we found out I was pregnant with #2 so the transition period would  not be such a big deal. I miss this room, I put so much time and effort into it for her.

Sophia is a fun, free spirited little girl so a pink room just would not be for her. I painted the art on the walls, made the tufted headboard and sewed pillows on the bed. It was a fresh space that she could grow with for sure.



For Maxon I'm thinking Rugby (football). Picture a rugby shirt with stripes and a number. If it was up to my husband Keith his room would be all Chicago Bears. No, navy and orange.

Here are a few photo's from his old room. It was vintage Owls.



6 comments:

Jenny Hall / Seamingly Smitten said...

I LOVE your little girl's room! Did you make the art above the bed? It's awesome and did you make the duvet? You are so talented! how did you make the tufted headboard and how did you attach it to the wall? We need a new headboard for our own room :)Jenny
www.seaminglysmitten.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Please go to design school! You are so talented!!!!

Amber said...

Hey Jenny! Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I did the art above the bed too. The duvet I purchased from Pottery Barn. Now the headboard, I had the room on HGTV's rate my space and got so many questions about how to make the headboad that I just created instructions for it. I will get them to ya.

Amber

Anonymous said...

Hey, Cuz. I can't believe how talented you are!!! My goodness. The old rooms are BEAUTIFUL, and I can't wait to see pix of the new ones when they are finally done. I also love the headboard you created, too! I would love to be able to do something like that!

Your (step) cuz, Chrissie :D

Chrystyna said...

Oh my gosh...I think I would cry if my daughter wanted to change her room if it looked like that. It's gorgeous. I want it for my room ;) I would love your instructions on the headboard. I just told my husband I was going to make one for our bed because I'm sick of ours.

Amber said...

Thank you Chrystyna! We moved so that is why she is getting a new room. I was really sad about leaving the kids rooms behind, but excited too for the new challenge of creating a new space for them.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Amber