Sunday, June 20, 2010

Independence Day Door Hanging


I look forward to Independence Day every year . It’s my second favorite holiday next to Christmas of course. I’ve been looking for a door hanging but everything I find is country and while I like the country look it’s just not my style. Here is the custom door hanging I made. I love it some much I wanted to share!

What you need:

Cardboard Box
Print out of U S A at 500 font size
Patriotic Ribbon
Moss
Glue Gun
Cardboard Star
String or Floss

Start by cutting out the printed U S A and use them as a template


Trace the letters on to the cardboard and cut out.


Glue and cover the letters with the moss.



Grab the string and cut a piece about 4 in.

Stretch and glue to both side like so. This will keep the letter upright and prevent it from falling forward while hanging.



Paint your star and set aside to dry.


Grab your ribbon and cut a 24 inch strip. Glue and fold 4inchs over creating a loop on both ends.



Make a large bow and glue under loop. Then adhere the star.


Add the U and glue in to place. Then take a 8 inch piece of ribbon and create one more loop.


Slip the S through the bottom loop. Then add the A.



Your done! Hang it and enjoy!


SYS Thurs


Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

14 comments:

Devin and Brooke said...

this is so so cute!! You should link it up on my blog curlyqcrafts.blogspot.com

Brooke

Mary said...

This is so darling!! I just hung mine up on the door. thank you so much for the great idea and instructions! I appreciate your time and talent!! Mary

Unknown said...

I've seen a lot of great projects this year for the 4th but this is one of my favorites! I think it's the moss combined with red, white & blue. I'd never have thought of it and it works beautifully!

Hope you stop by Thursday & link it up to Fab Finds for the Fourth #3!

Amber said...

Thank you ladies! Mary I would love to see photo's of yours. Colleen I would love to link up with you. I have a special project that I finished for Sophia for the 4th of July!

Amber

Unknown said...

I just had to include this in my Front Door Decor post today - love it!

Kendra Underwood said...

I love this, but here's a dumb question...where do you buy moss?

Amber said...

Hey Kendra, you can find moss at any craft store over in the floral section.

Thanks for stopping by!

Amber

Fowl Single File said...

I love the mossy letters! That's a great idea for a 4th of July craft. Thanks for sharing a tutorial for it!

TidyMom said...

Love this!! Thanks for sharing!!

Tammy said...

How cute... might need to do this next year..
tammy

Lindsay said...

This is so great! I love it... a modern take on a 4th of July wreath!


Love it... great job!

Lindsay @ A Design Story

yanmaneee said...

yeezy
curry 5 shoes
golden goose outlet
kd shoes
yeezy boost
supreme clothing
christian louboutin
supreme clothing
lebron 17
yeezy boost

sheau said...

their website replica gucci handbags look at here buy replica bags online website link replica ysl

Unknown said...

replica bags from turkey hermes replica handbags r0r36k0y56 replica bags prada right here c8a06q5c74 bag replica high quality replica kipling bags replica bags high quality gucci fake u0m38v4z71 replica bags manila