Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cutiest Pint Size Apron


After making brownies with Sophia the other day I thought it would be fun to make her an apron for baking with me and for playing in her own kitchen. It turned out so cute that I decide to make another one for her friend Kyra who's 3rd Birthday is this weekend. I think it will make the perfect little gift.

Here is the how I made them. I'm not one who uses patterns often, I tend to just wing it. Out of 1 yard of fabric I cut a rectangle measuring 14 X 22 and a square measuring 9 X 9.

Fold,  press, and strait stitch three sides of the fabric leaving the top unfinished. Do this to both pieces of fabric.


You can create pleats by hand or use a basting stitch to make ruffles. On this one I used the basting stitch and gathered the fabric to make ruffles.


I used bias tape for the trim and ties. You can buy it or make it like I did. Wrap the folded bias tape over the edge of the ruffles pinning it in place as you go.


Attach by sewing along the edge of the bias tape using a strait stitch.



Pin and sew the top part of the apron to the bottom.


Finish both sides of the bias tape.


Attach the neck trim using a box stitch. Which is just a square with and X going across.


Looks like this


Your done! Here is the finished apron.


I also made a pot holder to go with the apron to make a cute little set. I hope Kyra loves it as much a Sophia does.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been wanting to make one of these for Bella. Too cute!

anne maskell said...

This is too cute! I'm going to make some of these for my nieces! I'm your newest follower too! Your children are so sweet!

Amber said...

Thank you Anne! It's so exciting for me to have new followers.