Friday, July 9, 2010

Tuxedo Tank


Ahhh....I'm done with one idea/project that I've been working on! Are you like me? One who tends to have lots of projects going at the same time and then just need a break form it all. The funny thing is during the "break" all I do is think about the projects I need to be working on.

Anyhoo here is the tuxedo shirt that I have been wanting to make for sometime now. This morning the kiddo's and I went to a few yard sales and at one of them I found a bunch of new tanks in Sophia's size for .25 cents!! Sweet bargains how I love you!

Here is how I made mine, well Sophia's.


The white knit strips are from an old shirt. I cut (1) 11" x 2" and (2) 8"x 2


To create the ruffle I adjust my machine settings to the longest stitch and the highest tension. Works like a charm every time!


Pin each ruffle into place. I put them about one inch apart from ruffle centers.


Using your zig-zag stitch baste down the center of the ruffle.
Note: Make sure to keep the back side of the shirt tucked away from the front. You don't want to end up with the front and back seamed together.


Trim your strings and your done!


make it wear it
Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!