Friday, May 7, 2010

Who says Princesses don't bake?





My Lil Miss Sophia loves to help me bake. We went to a play date at a friends house and our host had made us some really yummy brownies. (Thanks Paige) So when we got home I was wanting more so Sophia and I whipped out a batch from scratch.


Here is the recipe I have used for years. I got it off the box of the Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate Squares.

4 squares of Bakers Unsweetened Chocolate
1 1/2 Sticks of butter (I always use SALTED butter)
2 Cups Sugar
3 Eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Cup flour

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwave bowl at high 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.

Stir sugar into chocolate. Mix in eggs and vanilla until well blended. Stir in flour. Spread in greased 13 x 9 or 9 x 9 inch pan.

Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean .

I like to shake a little powder sugar on the to but like nuts it's always optional.



















No comments: