Monday, November 15, 2010

Recycled Sweater Mittens


I HATE being cold as I have a hard time warming back up. I'm one of those who would rather be hot than cold any day!

The weather here is starting to get cold and winter is right around the corner. Boo....at least I can cheer myself up with new mittens! I made these from an old sweater that I already recycled into a pillow. I kept the sleeve for later projects. Mittens!

 It was really simple and fast to do. Here's my little tutorial.


Start off by tracing your hand and about two inches of you wrist. Round the upper edges to be even and match. Then cut it out.


Grab your sleeve.

With sleeve turned inside out lay your template down and pin in place.


Notice what I've done with the thumb. I cut a deeper slit down and folded the thumb in just a little.


Here is the thumb folded and pinned so you can see what I meant. Note: you will cut down into the deeper slit.



Pin sides and stitch closed.


Tada!!


Finished pair.
 

9 comments:

Suzie said...

Awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's great...thanks for the tutorial!

Unknown said...

Love this idea. Now I am off to dig out some old sweaters.:-)

Dianne_momstuff said...

Love this idea. I shared it on my mom stuff interest page. http://www.facebook.com/pages/mom-stuff/128036077231350

Mys@ said...

I have to try it

Sharee said...

I am all over this! I just bought a sweater at the thrift store today to make a rectangular sweater pillow for the bed. The arms would have just gone to waste. Repurposing to the max!

yanmaneee said...

nike max
curry 6 shoes
air max 90
balenciaga shoes
nike air max 270
golden goose outlet
hermes online
michael kors handbags
louboutin outlet
supreme clothing

Unknown said...

replica bags canada hermes replica handbags s8t88r7o86 replica bags in uk replica bags bangkok look at more info j9c14b1n17 replica evening bags you can try these out x2y07a3x91 best replica bags online replica bags turkey

Unknown said...

l0r34m8n92 z4j49v9f70 o2h21l3v39 l1l98s7i57 j7h72n2n34 c8z12l1d48